1. Consequent upon the decision taken by Ministry of Railways (Railway Board) to accept the recommendations of the Committee to resolve issues of Package and Career Progression of Trackmen and to operate the existing categories of Trackmen/Gatemen/Trolleymen/Watchmen/Keymen in PB-I, Grade Pay Rs.1800/- and Mates(P. Way) in PB-I, Grade Pay Rs.1900/- as a unified cadre of Track Maintainer and to re-designate these categories as Track Maintainer in Grade-I (GP Rs.2800/-), Track Maintainer-II (GP Rs. 2400/-), Track Maintainer- III (GP Rs. 1900/-) & Track Maintainer-IV (GP Rs. 1800/-), It had been decided to extend the benefit of Washing Allowance to the Track Maintainers drawing Grade Pay of Rs.1900/- and below.
2. Accordingly, sanction of the Ministry of Railways (Railway Board) is hereby communicated to the grant of Washing Allowance to the categories of Track Maintainer, Gr.-III (PB-I, Grade Pay Rs.1900/-) & Track Maintainer, Gr.-IV (PB-I, Grade Pay Rs. 1800/-) as per existing rate in terms of Board’s leter No. F(E)12008/AL-29/1 dt. 30.09.2008.
3. This will be effective from the date of issue of this order.
4. HIndi version is enclosed.
5. Please acknowledge receipt.