It has been decided to enhance the rate of Risk Allowance in respect of eligible unskilled workers on the railways/Production Units as per list attached.
2. The V CPC had recommended that Risk Allowance should be admissible to only those staff who face continuous risk rather than contingent risk while performing their duties. As such in accordance with these guidelines, the categories/staff engaged in the jobs as mentioned in the list annexed with this letter were identified as eligible for grant of Risk Allowance. The rate of Risk Allowance in respect of these categories/staff is enhanced from the existing rate of Rs. 20/- p.m. to Rs. 40/- p.m. w.e.f. 01.09.2008 to 31.12.2010.
3. The rate of Risk Allowance would increase by 25% every time the Dearness Allowance payable on revised pay scales goes up by 50%.
4. Subsequent to enhancement in the rate of Dearness Allowance to 51%, the rate of Risk Allowance would be Rs. 50 p.m. from 01.01.2011 onwards.
5. The categories who are in receipt of HPCA/PCA are not eligible for grant of Risk Allowance.
6. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
7. Please acknowledge receipt.
List of categories/staff engaged in the following jobs are eligible for Grant of Risk Allowance.
1. Those directly engaged in spray painting.
2. Those directly engaged in galvanizing tanks, effluent treatment plant, manufacturing of insulation components involving hazardous chemicals etc.
3. Those directly engaged in use of electrolytes.
4. Those directly exposed to metallic dust, fumes generated from resin bakers, smoke from the furnace, carbon burst shops.
5. Those directly working in Melting shop in all foundries where scrap is used.
6. Moulding shop in Rail Wheel Factory/Bangalore.
7. Those directly engaged in chrome plating.
8. Safaiwalas directly working in underground drains/sewer pipes, cleaning of manholes.
9. Safaiwalas directly working in sewage treatment plant in workshops.
10. Malaria Khalasis directly engaged in spraying pesticides, handling acids, anti-larval drugs etc.
11. Chest Clinic Staff.
12. X Ray Attendants.