Appointment on compassionate grounds - Delegation of power
1. In order to process and finalize the cases for appointment on compassionate grounds in shortest possible time to meet the very objective of such appointment, the matter of delegation of power to Railway Administration has been under consideration of this Ministry for quite some times. Accordingly, Board have decided that in supercession of the stipulation made vide Board’s letter No. E(NG)II/96/RC-1/116 JCM/DC dated 06/01/97, para (1) &(2) of letter No. E(NG)II/98/RC-1/64 dated 28/07/2000 and para (1) of letter No. E(NG)II/98/RC-1/64 dated 06/01/2009, General Managers may consider and decide the time barred cases of compassionate appointment which are upto twenty five (25) year old from the date of death/medical unfitness of the ex-employee. Such cases are to be decided by the General Managers at their personal level only and are not to be delegated further.
2. It has further been decided to delegate the powers to General Managers which has hitherto been vested with Board, in terms of stipulation made in letter No. E(NG)II/2009/RC-1/SCR/39 dated 04/06/2010. Also, while considering cases of appointment, in Grade Pay of Rs. 4600/-, in terms of Board’s letter dated 04/06/10, it must be ensured that candidates are first class Engineering Graduates and are in possession of prescribed qualification for the posts.
3. It has further been decided that cases which are covered in terms of stipulation made vide letter No. E(NG)II/83/RC-1/68 dated 07/12/1983, may now be decided by the General Managers at their personal level only with the prior personal concurrence of the FA&CAO (not to be delegated further) concerned. In rare and exceptional cases, while agreeing to fixation of initial pay at a higher stage than that normally admissible, it must be ensured that valid and strong justification exist for such an action.
4. All those cases which have already been decided need not be re-opened. Further, all references (cases) made to Board as on the date of issue of this letter and not yet decided may be treated as withdrawn and be dealt at the General Manager’s level.
5. As regards power to relax minimum educational qualification in Grade Pay of Rs. 1800/-, the same will continue to be vested with Railway Board.