1. Uniform to eligible categories of Railway employees is provided in terms of Dress Regulations-2004 as amended from time to time.
2. A Committee of Advisors of Railway Board set up in connection with revision of rates of breakdown allowance has inter-alia recommended that non-monetary incentives like provision of an extra set of uniform may be considered separately to attract competent and hardworking staff for breakdown duty. This recommendation has been accepted by Board.
3. It has accordingly been decided that the breakdown staff may be provided with an extra set of uniform in addition to their eligibility as laid down in the Dress Regulations. The categories and number of such breakdown staff may be intimated in due course.
4. Receipt of this letter may please be acknowledged.
5. This issues with the concurrence of Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.