IF AN EMPLOYEE APPLIED FOR 3 DAYS LEAVE, BUT HE HAS NO LAP,LHAP,CLIN HIS CREDIT. SO HOW TO TREAT THIS THREE DAYS LEAVE?. IF AN APPRENTICE APPLIED FOR ONE DAY LEAVE, BUT HE HAS NO LEAVE IN HIS CREDIT, HOW THIS ONE DAY LEAVE IS TREATED OR NAMED(NON-PAY LEAVE,LEAVE WITHOUT PAY, EXTRAORDINARY LEAVE)?. WHO CAN SANCTION SUCH LEAVE?
Instructions have been issued vide Board's letter of even number dated 8.3.1999 that Metal Passes need not be surrendered if officers take LAP for a short period in continuation of their tour on duty. A doubt has arisen whether an officer after performing an outstation duty i.e.
Sub: Implementation of the recommendations of the Sixth Central Pay Commission regarding half pay leave facilities to Teachers, Principals, Headmasters, Librarians, Laboratory Assistants and Watermen working in Railway schools- clarification regarding
1. In continuation of this Ministry’s letter of even number dated 6.3.2009, the doubts/ points which may arise while implementing the instructions contained in the above referred letter are clarified as under:
- All Railway employees permanent or temporary other than those serving in a railway school are eligible for LHAP.
- 20 days LHAP in a calendar year.
- No restriction on accumulation.
- May be granted on medical certificate or on private affairs.
- It may be commuted by surrendering 2 days of LHAP for one day of LAP without any limit in case of medical grounds, and upto 180 days in other cases. However if a Railway employee does not return to duty after commuted LHAP is over it shall be reconverted to LHAP.