- Hostel Subsidy means reimbursement of expenses incurred by the Railway employee if he/she keeps his/her children in a hostel of a residential school/institution located beyond a distance of 50 kilometers from his/her residence. (Ref 3 & 8)
- It may include expenses towards boarding, lodging and other expenses permitted for Children Education Allowance (See below). (Ref 3)
Children Education Allowance
Purchase of Scooter/Motor cycle/Moped
Fixed Medical Allowance
- A cashless service for RELHS card holders to take treatment in recognized private hospitals of National Capital Region is introduced by Northern Railway.
- Under the scheme RELHS beneficiaries can take treatment in specified Recognised hospitals in cases of acute emergency.
Terms & Conditions of the Scheme
Retired Railway employees covered under RELHS-97 will be provided with all medical facilities as for serving employees. This includes:
General conditions of elgibility
- Formerly WORKMEN’S COMPENSATION ACT (WCA) 1923
- ECA is an act, which safeguards certain classes of employees against the risk in employment and payment of compensation for injuries sustained by them in accidents.
Workers Participation in Management
Whitely Committee in UK during 1917 has recommended that workers should be given opportunity to participate in the discussion for -