Indian Railways issue free passes and concessional Tickets called Privilege Ticket Orders (PTO) for railway employees. Not all the passes for railway staff are free.
Family for Passes
Duty Card Pass
- Issued to officers who are not issued with metal passes and other Railway employees who are required to travel frequently on duty.
- Normallyissued for a period of 1 year.
Emergent Duty Pass
- To perform official duties
Residential Card Pass
- Issued to Railway employees over notified sections for travel from their place of residence to place of duty and back.
- For carriage of houselholds from old station to new station or another station where the Railway employee want to settle down.
- Officers appointed to Railway service prior to 1.5.1976:
Gr 'A' & 'B'
- Metal Passes - Gold, Silver & Bronze.
- Duty Card Pass
- Emergent Duty Pass
- Residential Card Pass
- Transfer Pass
- Kit Pass.
- Settlement Pass.
- Provision Pass.
- Cheque Passes.
- Complimentary Pass to Licensed Porters.
- Split Pass.
- School Passes.
- School Card pass.
- Post Retirement Passes.
Penalty for the loss of passes:
1. Railway Staff:
Chairman and Members of Railway Board
5 sets per year
Group A & B with railway service of 20 years or more
3 sets per year
Group C staff with railway service of 20 years or more
2 sets per year
New pass rules has been issued by the Railway Board today, i.e.06.01.2011.
In non-gazatted catagory,
GP 4200 and above will get First class pass - ie. Two Tier AC travel.
GP 2800 will get II class 'A' pass - ie Three Tier AC travel (yellow color pass introduced)
GP below 2800 will get One II class 'A' pass and Two Sleeper Class passes.
Cheers to all railwaymen.
Happy new year.
See this - plum posts but . . . . .
Reservation supervisor, chief commercial clerk, office superintendent, loco pilot, sr. passenger guard, junior engineer, chief telephone operator - Railway employees holding this posts having the grade pay of Rs. 4200 and even senior cadre in this catagory ( Chief Reservation supervisor, Senior Engineer) having grade pay of Rs. 4600 and appointed after 1987.
AIRF chief S.G. Mishra to railwaymen.
Sub: Entitlement of Privilege Pass