Here is a list of Holiday Homes available with various Railways.
No of suites
Official to apply
Gr. A & B
With over 13.6 Lakh employees, Indian Railways is one of the largest employer not only in India, but also in the world. The workforce of IR is a varied mass of people from the Gangman/Khalasi at one end to Chairman, Railway Board at the apex level. The task of the personnel department of Railways is to manage and look after the welfare of this large mass of employees and their families.
Functions of Personnel Department
- Lower limit increased from 1.6 Lakh to 1.8 Lakh (Amounting to Rs. 2000/- tax benefit).
- No difference in lower limit for women employees(Last year limit of 1.9 Lakh continues).
- Additional Rs.20000 will be tax free for investment in Infrastructure bonds.
-Salaried individuals will be exemted from submitting returns.
- Simplified return form 'Sugam' for small scale tax payers.
- Senor Citizen slabs increased to 2.5 Lakhs.
- Senor Citizen age reduced to 60 .
- No hike in passanger fare and freight rates.
- Senior citizen concesssion to be hiked to 50%.
- Women to get Senior citizen concession from 58 yrs.
- Concession to physically handicaped person to be extended to Rajdhani/ Shatabdi.
- Medical facilties to dependant parents of Railway employees.
- Scholarship for girl child of Railway employee to be enhanced to Rs. 1200 a month
- Rs. 9583 cr for new lines.
- A new portal for e-ticketing.
Copyright © 2017 Indian Railway Employee.