- MACPS is applicable to all regularly appointed Group ‘A’, ‘B’, and ‘C’ Railway Employees .
- The financial upgradations under the MACPS would be admissible upto the highest Grade Pay of Rs.12000/- in the PB-4.
- Casual employees, including those granted ‘temporary status’ and employees appointed in the Railways only on ad-hoc or contract basis shall not qualify for benefits under the aforesaid Scheme.
Fixation of Pay
Here are some guidelines for fixation of pay as per 6th CPC
Ex 1 : Fixation of initial pay in the revised pay structure
- Sixth pay commission has recommended entry pay for employees directly recruited to different posts based on Grade pay of the post. This will apply only to staff posted on or after 1.1.2006.
- Hence pay of those Railway servants who were already in service on 1.1.2006 can not be fixed with reference to the minimum entry pay prescribed for those who joined the Railways as direct recruits on or after 1.1.2006.