- Railway Board has observed that disciplinary cases are not being finalized within a reasonable time resulting in severe hardship to the railway servants especially the retired ones whose pensionary benefits are withheld due to the pending disciplinary case.
- Normally a Railway employee is employed throughout his service on the same Railway or Railway establishment to which he is posted on first appointment.
- A Railway employee claim as a matter of right to be transferred to any other Railway establishment.
Types of Transfer
- Revised as per the recommendations of Santhanam Committee.
- Prescribe standards of conduct expected of a Railway employee and members of his family.
- Every Railway employee shall at all times-
(i) maintain absolute integrity;
(ii) maintain devotion to duty; and
(iii) do nothing which is unbecoming of a Railway employee.
- Suspension is not a penalty.
- An employee may be placed under suspension
- When Disciplinary proceedings are pending against him OR
- When engaged in activities prejudicial to the state OR
- When a criminal case is pending investigation , inquiry or trial.